Once you’ve made this incredible cake
you’ll never use a box mix again.
- 1 cup room temperature sweet butter.
- Whip medium speed, 5 minutes, scraping 2 times.
- Add 1 & 1/2 cup sugar.
- 1/2 cup firm packed light brown sugar.
- Whip on high speed scrapping often.
- 5 minutes
- Add 3 large eggs one at a time.
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract.
- 1 cup sour cream
- Sift together 3 cups AP flour.
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. fine sea salt
Add on low speed, mixing 1/3 in at a time to just blended.
- Fold in 2 cups mashed over ripe bananas &
- 1 cup chopped walnuts.
- Butter 2, 8 inch cake pans.
- Cut parchment paper in a circle & line bottom.
- Bake at 350° on middle shelf.
- 35-50 minutes, until cake does not jiggle,
- in center when moved, or a butter knife comes
- out of center mostly dry.
- Over baking makes a dry cake.
- Baked 45 minutes 325° in convection oven.
- Rest in pans on racks for 10 minutes.
- Place rack on top of cake flip over, remove
- parchment paper.
- When cool frost as desired, or cover & store for
- next day.