Yes, I did it. Paleo bread, but you and I both know the real cave men didn’t eat bread. Root vegt. were probably the only starches they had. Also, because I think live probiotic cultures are so important, I used sourdough starter instead of baking soda and powder. Here’s what I did:
My Cave Man Bread
- 1 & 2/3 cups raw almond mill (I milled my own in a flour mill, but you can carefully use a food processor, or buy it). Up date coffee grinder 1/2 at a time short pulses works better than processor, which tends to turn it into almond butter.
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter
Mix well and let ferment over night, the next day you should see bubbles, and notice it’s come up a bit, if not, give it more time. Next day: Preheat oven to 350. Line a small baking dish with baking paper, come up above the sides with it, because of the rise.
- Separate 6 eggs, beat whites to soft peaks .
- 1/4 teaspoon real salt
- 4 whole eggs, beat well, add to bread mixture, make sure to blend well.
- Fold in egg whites, 1/3 at a time.
Fold into lined dish and bake 1 hour, but test for done, with a knife, starting after 45 min. Bread needs to cool to firm up. In the morning I’ll be making French toast with this bread for my cave man. ps I use the left over yokes for mayo.