Home on a very cold winter day, threw this together in about 40 minutes. Made happy soup. The squash was a volunteer from the garden, and the broth was made recently. I recommend using organic, nonGMO on all the ingredients.
Paleo Cream of Garlic Soup
- 4-5 cups bone broth, chicken or beef best, click picture to see recipe*
- 2 whole elephant garlic heads, makes about 1/2 cup roasted garlic
- olive oil to coat garlic
- 1 very small winter squash, peeled and sliced makes about 2/3 cup roasted
- 1/4 cup chia seed soaked in 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground fennel seed
- top with bit of red pepper or paprika
On lowest setting warm pre-made bone broth* see recipe above. Place chia seed & water in blender. Leave it to soak. Peel squash, remove seeds, slice thin. Rinse garlic heads, remove loose skin. Slice in half. Drizzle olive oil over garlic. Roast squash and garlic in 300°-325° oven. Flip for even roasting. Done when slightly soft to touch, about 20-30 minutes. Grind white/black peppers and fennel seed in spice grinder, or mortar and pestle. When cool enough to handle remove garlic from skins. Purée chia seed mixture, squash, garlic, adding broth while running. Continue until smooth. Mix in spices, except red pepper. Gently heat, stir a bit, soup can stick. Serve in warm bowl. Top with a sprinkling of red ground pepper, or paprika.