- Plant seeds just under surface in seed starting potting mix.
- Keep evenly moist.
- For starting containers, Scott uses egg carton sections, placed inside a plastic clam shell.
- Keep evenly warm. Placing on top the refrigerator, along side a low watt bulb for heat, works well.
- When seeds sprout. move under a stronger fluorescent light. They will still have the seed attached, on what look like leaves, but are not yet true leaves.
- When the true leaves form below the little seed crown transfer to larger cups in potting soil.
- Start hardening off outdoors, “placing outside in sunlight where you’ll be planting them” during the day. Take caution, to not over do it.
- Transfer into soil, or containers. Well amended with compost.