Paleo & Gluten-free Grass-fed/Grass-finished Beef & Homestead Pork Meat Loaf. This is a great crowd pleaser, and a fabulous left over in cold or hot sandwiches, and salads.
- 2 lb.’s Grass-fed/Grass-finished ground beef
- 1 lb. pork, best farm-stead raised in open space organic environments fed non-GMOs and table scraps.
- 2 stocks celery non GMO, organic, best home-grown celery
- 1 sweet white or yellow onion, non GMO, organic, best home-grown
- 12 to 15 Brown mushrooms, best home-grown or local
- 2 free range brown eggs, non GMO, organic, best home-grown
- 1 tablespoon unrefined sea salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh ground pepper best non GMO, organic
- 1 tablespoon allspice best non GMO, organic
- 1/3 cup bone broth best from grass-fed/grass-finished beef bones
- 1/2 cup sprouted almond flour * click on the last 2 pictures for info
- olive oil, best extra virgin, non GMO
- balsamic vinegar, good quality
Clean and chop vegetables very fine. I use a food processor. Spread over roasting pan, (I use the same pan for this and the meatloaf) coat with oil and vinegar, salt & pepper. Roast vegetables at 325 for 20-30 minutes flipping a couple of times, until they are toasted. Let vegetables cool to room temperature. Mix all ingredients together. Form a loaf shape, and place on roasting rack as shown. Roast at 325, for around 2 hours, it’s done when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. The pan drippings are excellent deglazed for sauce or gravy. Add sautéed mushrooms and concentrated beef bone broth. Like all roast, the meat should rest (covered) 10-15 minutes before serving. Ketchup is not Paleo. Ketchup is always a great addition along side Meatloaf. Here are two of mine, Slow food Heirloom Tomato Ketchup or Safe & EZ Ketchup, click on picture to see recipe.
google – k2 unlimited content