This recipe is best with made ahead broth, Kvass and crackers. Every spoonful delivers sweet, savory, rich aromas, taste and surprising texture. The whole meal is Paleo, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Dairy Free, Hearty, Healthy and Awesome.
Beet Soup with Incredible Meatballs & Sprouted Seed Crackers
- 3 medium fresh organic beets
- 1/4 organic green cabbage
- scrap vegetables
- 3 tablespoons Kvass see Sauerkraut Home Made & Beet Kvass Home Made, Videos
- 2-4 cups Broth see Bone Broth or Stock
- Meatballs see Incredible Meatballs;
Serve with Sprouted Seed Crackers;
Heat broth with clean vegetable scraps. These scrapes can be ends of onions including skin, pepper steams, mushroom steams whatever. Simmer about 20 minutes, discard vegetable scraps. Grate beets, simmer in broth about 40 minutes. Meanwhile make meatballs. Note the chia seeds need to presoak at least 2 hours. Add chopped cabbage, mushrooms and Kvass. Simmer 20 minutes. Take meatballs from the oven and place in bowls, cover with soup. Eat with Sprouted Seed Crackers and Enjoy!