On our recent trip to Santa Cruz, I bought some wonderful Charcuterie from el Salchichero Butcher Shop. I love all their products and consider everything they make healthy and good for ya! What could be better than that. A lot of people want to know why I go to such trouble to buy. IMHO, procurement is just as important as technique in any recipe. This fabulous grilled sandwich is a perfect example.
Grilled Reuben Sandwich for 2
- 4 slices sprouted bread, I like Alvarado Street Bakery
- 4 slices Pastrami from Grass Fed Beef, no chemical nitrates or their like. only spices, juices and sugars I would use
- 6 oz. shredded soft cheese, I like soft Fiscalini Cheddar
- 8 pats butter, I like Straus Organic Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup raw sauerkraut, I like Sonoma Brinery
Grill one side of each bread slice in 1 pat of butter. Place bread with toasted side facing you. Place 1/4 of the cheese on each bread slice. Fold Pastrami over cheese on two slices. Put sauerkraut over cheese on the other two. Place pat of butter in pan for grilling. Use tool, carefully place 2 bread slice and their toppings in pan, over pat of butter. When bottom is grilled, remove and place on top ungrilled remaining sandwich halfs. Slide tool under sandwich, again use a pat of butter and grill to perfection. Enjoy!