A 15 lb. Turkey should be done in about 1 & 1/2 hours.
- Heat oven on highest temp. 400°-500°.
- Rinse turkey, remove inside package, unclip wire holding legs together.
- Pat dry.
- Rub butter or oil all over.
- Salt all over, season as desired.
- Place breast side down on “V” rack in roasting pan.
- 1-2 cups white wine, broth or water in bottom of pan.
- After 45 minutes turn turkey breast side up.
- Turkey is done when temperature inside thickest part of breast is 160°.
If desired, start basting after turkey is breast side up. Let rest 15-20 minutes before slicing. Here are some gravy recipes: It’s all gravy; Paleo, Gluten Free, Low Carb, or Regular From Pam’s Turkey Primer Chapter 2
Pictured with Paleo, Gluten Free, Low Carb Chia Seed Gravy Sauce