Throw something together and like it! Simple and easy.
Italian Not Meat Balls
- 1/2 lb. ground beef, sausage, or mixture
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup mix of fresh peppers & onion diced
- 1/4 cup bone broth or stock
- 1/2 teaspoon each: black, white, red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes, puréed
- 4 thin slices dry mozzarella cheese
Mound mixture in 4 parts. Bake at 300°-350° for 20-30 minutes. Mixture will sauce out in pan making an edge for each mound. Top with tomato purée let bake 5-10 minutes more. Top each with cheese slice, bake until browned.
PS this recipe is Oliver approved, that’s his picture, very handsome 23 lb. boy cat.