Todays Harvest Dinner October 30th! Filled my basket from the garden! Smashing the fresh cherry tomatoes as they cook, a bit of balsamic vinegar and the olive oil made a sauce just right for the eggplant and Andouille sausage to soak up. Added some Farmer’s Market onion and garlic. Ending with my flower garden fresh herbs; sage, thyme, and oregano. The green beans made the perfect side dish. See post for recipe. https://pamstacticalkitchen.com/2013/07/30/fresh-organic-green-beans-with-organic-bacon/
Late Harvest Dinner
- 1 lb. Andouille sausage, this meat is from a farm-stead hog, fed table scraps, organic non GMO feed and living in the open.
- 1 small eggplant
- 1-2 baby bell peppers
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 12-15 fresh cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- Fresh herbs
- sea salt (unrefined)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Sauté sliced eggplant in olive oil & sea salt, until tender with some browning, then remove.
- Sauté sliced onions and bell peppers in olive oil & sea salt, until tender with some browning, then add chopped garlic, cook a minute more and remove.
- Brown sausage in olive oil, on both sides. Add fresh cherry tomatoes and when tender, crush down with spoon add a bit of balsamic vinegar, and fresh herbs, and fresh ground pepper.google – k2 unlimited content