Please vote for me Fiscalini Farmstead Cheese added 4 new photos to the album: EASTER GIVEAWAY 2015. https://www.facebook.com/PamsTacticalKitchen?ref=hl
Here’s how it was first posted.
It’s 74 degrees outside. Finally some rain came to our drought stricken valley. The S F Giants* are playing baseball on T V. What better way to celebrate, the joys of spring than with a fabulous burger and watching baseball. This is a healthy low carbohydrate recipe for two.
- 2 slices home-stead bacon
- 1 Aidells* Andouille sausage link
- 1/3 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 4 slices Alvarado St. Bakery* 6.5 net carb per slice Flax seed sprouted whole wheat bread
- 1 large probiotic pickle, Bubbies*, Don Hermann & Sons* or home-made see recipe blow
- 2 thick slices Fiscalini* farmstead artisan smoked cheddar cheese
- unrefined sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, granular garlic
- Home-made mayonnaise see below
- garden fresh baby lettuce
- Dijon mustard
Steam sausage for 20 minutes. Cook bacon and remove, save the bacon drippings. Clean pan. When the sausage is finished and not hot, slice thin. Pre-heat pan. Put a bit of the bacon drippings in and let it heat up a moment then add the sausage. Cook until sausage slices get a bit of browning on each side and some of them will curl up. Add spices to ground beef, and make patties. Pre-heat pan, put a dab of the bacon drippings in and let it heat up a moment then add the ground beef patties. Turn patties over when half way done. Top with the cheese slices. Cover pan with tight-fitting lid and turn off burner. The cheese will melt down. Toast bread lightly, thinly slice the pickles. To build the burger, put a generous portion of mayonnaise on the bottom slice of bread. Next place baby lettuce on. Now the burger, spoon on top any melted cheese from the pan. The Smokey aroma will be enticing, and perfect for the bacon added on top. Now add with the pickles, a dab of Dijon mustard, the sausage, more mayonnaise and the bread top. Watch the game and enjoy! Click on picture for probiotic-lacto-fermented-pickles recipe. Click on picture for Home-made mayonnaise recipe.