These are real baby carrots, from thinning my carrot patch. Unlike factory produced baby carrots which are simply large carrots, heat and chemically treated then cut down. If you grow your own and eat these little ones, you won’t believe how incredible they taste, plus fresh home-grown vegetables and herbs are immeasurably more nutritious.
- Garden fresh baby carrots
- Garden fresh late snow peas
- Spring garden garlic leaf
- Spring garden onion leaves (2)
- 1/2 head spring garden fresh cabbage
- 1/3 cup Bragg* Organic Raw-Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Madhava* Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Caraway Seed
- unrefined sea salt
- white pepper
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons home-made mayonnaise, click on picture for recipe
Clean carrots, soak, rinse, scrub and rinse again. Remove peas from pods, rinse clean. Clean leaves and dry. Dice garlic and onion leaves very fine, to release their intense aroma. Slice cabbage thin. Heat a pan on medium for a few minutes, add the caraway seed, then turn off and remove from heat. In a sauce pan stir and heat up Madhava* Organic Coconut Sugar and Bragg* Organic Raw-Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar until sugar is dissolved and mixture is slightly thick. Remove to cool. Add the spices and caraway seed to dry ingredients and mix all together well. Add mayonnaise blend until every thing is well coated. Add the sugar/vinegar mixture and coat and blend well. This salad works well made ahead. I served it with Italian sausage patties, topped with my Chadwick Cherry Heirloom Tomato Pesto and Fiscalini handcrafted farmstead raw milk aged bandage wrapped cheddar.
Click on picture for Chadwick Cherry Heirloom Tomato Pesto recipe.
google – k2 unlimited content