About 5 years ago my husband Scott bought these Chadwick seeds from “Baker Creek Seeds”, and saved some from the super crop. They really produce, and we’re still using the same saved seeds! We like to dry some of the extra tomatoes. I was putting some away a couple of days ago, and noticed we still had a jar from a year ago. That’s when I thought of this recipe, it was so good I’ll be making it again soon, well maybe not until the fresh ones are gone.
- 1-1/2 to 2 Cups dry Tomatoes
- 1/2 to 3/4 Cups Sprouted Chandler Walnuts Because of Drought, NO WALNUTS works fine
- 1/2 to 3/4 Cups dry cheese, (I use local Fiscalini Farmstead Cheese
- 1/3 to 1/2 Cup Good Olive Oil
- 2 to 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt I use http://realsalt.com/
- 1 to 1&1/2 Teaspoons fresh Ground Black Pepper
Soak dry tomatoes for 2-5 hours in olive oil. Combine all ingredients in a food processor, taste and add a bit more of what ever, to your liking. We enjoyed this over grilled zucchini fresh from the garden, but it would be great over pasta, as a sauce on pizza, in a sandwich, with eggs, mixed with home-made mayonnaise and cream for dressing, the list could be endless, I’ll leave it to your imagination. Enjoy!