Recently my husband Scott and our friends Ken & Kris and I took our annual trip to the city. My focus of course was cuisine. We got off BART at Embarcadero and started at the Ferry Building: Worked our way though Soma and the Mission District, then on to the ball park. Here are the stops I insisted we do:
- Prather Ranch Meat Company, American Eatery for “old fashioned tallow fries”, and Stonebreaker’s BBQ pork Sandwich.
- Humphry Slocombe Ice Cream made with Straus Organic Dairy , we had the Tahitian Vanilla, Malted chocolate, with sauce.
- Tartine Bakery & Café for a Lemon cream tart, which we shared later during the game.
- Dandelion Chocolate which is a bean-to-bar chocolate factory in the Mission District of San Francisco. You can see chocolate made right there, taste samples, and even enjoy drinks and treats.
- Craftsman and Wolves was the best of the best. See post for more info. Craftsman and Wolves Visit
- Bi-Rite Market for incredible bread, thin sliced salami and nutty raw milk aged Gouda cheese for “squish sandwiches” I made later in the ball park. I love that store I want to live in it.
- Bi-Rite Creamery, here are the flavors we tried; brown sugar with ginger caramel swirl, Creme Brulee, salted caramel, green tea made with Mizuba matcha and banana fudge ripple. At Bi-Rite Creamery they make ice cream, soft serve and baked goods by hand in small batches using local, and organic ingredients. This was so good, and we got lucky the line was short!
- Bernal Cutlery to see great Japanese knives and wet stone sharpening.
- The ball game.
google – k2 unlimited content