Love our trips to New Orleans, and fresh made Gumbo!
What can you do on a low carb diet? Make it!
Insanely low carb, incredibly rich & flavorful soup.
Like all recipes on “Keto”, Atkins, or other carb counting
diets; this recipe is mostly fat, and protein based, with a
sprinkling off vegetables, and spices. Makes 6 servings,
1 & 1/2 cup each. Only 5 digestible carbs per serving.
Low carb. Gumbo
- 1 c shredded chicken Rosemarry Garlic Chicken Video
- 8 cups bone broth Ø fat Bone Broth or Stock
- golden nectar Ø fat “drippings from chicken”
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup fresh sausage cooked sausage for pizza
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen okra
- 3 & 1/2 cups cauliflower “riced”
- 1/3 small onion diced
- 1/3 cup red pepper diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 8 medium cooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup cooked crab meat
Saute, onion, red pepper and celery in a bit of
fat. I like to use chicken fat separated from the
broth/nectar. When browned, add broth & nectar.
Add frozen /fresh okra and cauliflower simmer 15-20
minutes. When okra is cooked enough to put a fork
through, smash it down with a potato ricer, or stick
blender. The okra should make a thick slimy goo,
much like roux. Add everything else and spices to taste.
This stew is great even if your not on a diet!
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3.9g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1.2g||6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.5g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|
|Total Sugars 2.3g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|