We love the flavors of this simple sausage.
Chop a pork shoulder, blend in spices, process & it’s done.
The meat works easy if it’s part frozen.
Recipe on bottom of post:
Spread chopped pork across a cookie sheet.
Cover well and freeze 2-4 hours.
Grind spices as needed.
Process pork to sausage texture
Place teaspoon size bits on uncooked sausage on
pizza before baking.
You can use an old meat grinder, or food possessor.
This is what we made for baking click link
Sausage for Pizza
- 2 to 2 & 1/2 # cut up pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons *real salt
- 1 tbsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground celery seed
- 1/2 tsp. ground black cardamom
- 2 ground all spice berries
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. ground fennel
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, or black garlic
- E-Z Black Garlic
Grind spices if needed, mix together.
Freeze chopped pork 2-4 hours.
Process half the meat & spice at a time.