These are real pickles, salt brined just like in the olden days. You can very the spices to your own taste, but do not change the salt. Have fun!
Paleo Probiotic Pickles
- Fresh cucumbers enough to fit into a quart jar. Grow your own or buy local, like Farmers Market.
- filtered water, non-chlorinated
- 1 Tablespoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper corns
- 1 Teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 Teaspoon white pepper corns
- 1/4 Teaspoon dry dill seed
- 2-3 Cloves garlic, sliced
- 3-4 sprigs of dill
- 1/2 Tablespoon of fresh sliced red jalapeno pepper
- 1-2 small flat rocks, cleaned through a dish washer, or boiled.
Clean cucumbers and fit into jar. Add spices and herbs. Cover with water, leaving about 1/2 inch of air space. Place the clean rocks on top to keep cucumbers submerged. Cover with lid and mark the date on it. Leave at room temperature to ferment, for 2 days. When done, remove rocks and keep refrigerated. Eat the pickles with in 2 months. Most people can’t stop eating them, ours are usually gone in less than a week. Enjoy!
Google – k2 unlimited content