“number one miracle food for your joints and connective tissue (including bone) is bone broth” Dr. Cate Shanahan * see info & link below
Turkey Bone Broth
- Save every scrap of turkey bone skin gristle and meat leftover.
- Cover with filtered water and filtered water ice.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar.
- Let sit a room temperature for 1-2 hours. The cold water and vinegar will draw the good stuff out of the bones.
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce to a low simmer.
- Put a lid on it and let it cook a very long time. I cook mine 3-4 days on the stove, and 5-6 in a crock pot.
- When you feel it’s just about done. Clean vegetable scraps and add them, don’t cook more than a couple of hours longer, because after that the vegetables can give off a bitter taste.
- Discard everything but liquid.
- Cool, refrigerate and remove fat cap, if you get one. Save the fat for gravy!
- Freeze with in 2-3 days.
For more insightful and detailed nutritional information I recommend going to Dr. Cate’s website.
*http://drcate.com/deep-nutrition-mae-simple/ From Dr. Cate Shanahan‘s Deep Nutrition Made Simple: Start Here
“Learn to make bone broth. In order to exercise, you need to keep your joints in good shape. The number one miracle food for your joints and connective tissue (including bone) is bone broth because it contains compounds that act like growth hormones in these tissues. NOTE: The magic in bone broth comes not from bone marrow, but rather from the collagenous joint materials and skin. Whenever possible, use pastured and organic ingredients.”