Buddha finds bliss in curry, but it’s false!
A couple of years ago I bought this beautiful curry plant.
Brought it home, nurtured it, enjoyed it’s fragrance and
today used a bit in lunch. Turns out it’s not curry, at
least not the one I thought it was. Luckily it can be used
as a spice, but sparingly. The plant is anti-inflammatory,
OK good. It smells like curry aka as in “curry powder”
which is actually a blend of many spices including leaves
from the curry tree. This is how I was fooled, looking
through the herb section at my local garden store. I
thought the “curry plant” I bought was curry, a main
ingredient in curry powder blends . Lesson learned, things
are not always what they seem. Lunch was delightful.
Enjoy the pictures, and recipe which is Gluten-Free, Paleo,
Ø Curry Chicken Salad
- 3/4 cup Organic clean & Healthy Home-Made Mayonnaise Video
- 1/4 cup mustard Golden Whole Grain Mustard
- 3 cups cooked chicken dark meat chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped Fennel/Anise sautéed
- 6 olives chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped probiotic dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup warmed and chopped cashews
- 3 cloves chopped sautéed garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin chopped
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- *1 tablespoon chopped leaves from curry plant
- option 1 tablespoon curry powder
Blend everything together, but nuts, chill and serve on
garden fresh Little Gem’s lettuce leaves, top with cashews.