This is an easy dinner, and pretty quick, about 30 minutes to an hour. The beef comes out succulent and by cutting into the patty and releasing some of the juice, an added level of richness embellishes the sauce. The charred baby beets, are like eye candy and on top of that they are sweet, crisp, smoky and almost addictive.
Charred Baby Beats
- 3-4 small beets any color per serving
- olive oil to coat, best nonGMO extra virgin
- unrefined sea salt
Scrub beets with brush, cleaning the long tails and about 1 inch on top, as shown. Sprinkle with olive oil and sea salt. Char on a preheated gas grill, until slightly tinder when pierced with a fork. To plate remove the top steam. Slice in half and spoon on any remaining olive oil from the dish. The tails are the a delicious treat. This can be done ahead, and reheated, but don’t over cook if you plan on reheating.
Grass-fed/grass-finished ground beef steak
- 1/3 to 1/2 bl. grass-fed/grass-finished ground beef per serving
- Fresh ground black pepper & unrefined sea salt to taste
- 1 clove crushed garlic each
- Fat for cooking (bacon grease, lard, butter, coconut oil, olive oil)
Mix spices with the beef and form into patties. If time allows bring to room temperature, just like any other steak. Coat a pre-heated pan with fat (bacon grease, lard, butter, coconut oil, olive oil) just keep in mind the last three can not take as much heat as the first two. Pan fry the patties. Approx. 8 to 12 minutes per side. Cut into the center to check, and release juices. When done remove to warm plate, and cover.
- 1/4 bl. Crimini mushrooms each
- Fat or cooking (bacon grease, lard, butter, coconut oil, olive oil)
- pinch of sea salt
- 2-3 tablespoons of ground beef, Gras-fed/grass-finished
- 1/2 cup beef bone broth, from Gras-fed/grass-finished cow bones
- 1 tablespoon arrow root
Add arrow-root to bone broth, and whisk to dissolve. Bring to a boil with occasional whisking. If too thick add more broth, too thin, cook down. Add the 2-3 tablespoons of ground beef and continue cooking on low. Clean mushrooms with a soft brush, paper towel, tea towel, or just something soft and nonabrasive, and no water. Slice mushrooms. Coat a pre-heated pan with fat. Brown mushrooms on both sides, add a pinch of sea salt. Add to sauce. Deglaze the beef steak patty frying pan with sauce, scrape up every bit of brown off the bottom, for incredible succulent flavors. Plate the sauce over the steak patty, and the beets along side. Enjoy!
google – k2 unlimited content