Better Butter Burger
This recipe is for 1 burger patty.
- Grass Fed & local farmstead ground beef, partly frozen. 1/3-1/2 bl. In my area I like: Dave’s Meat Service and “Open Space Meats” http://openspacemeats.com/
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon sweet butter. Best butter made from grass fed cow milk, organic, NonGMO.
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Heat a cast iron skillet to smoking hot. Reduce to medium. Knead patty to mix. Form and press a dent into center to prevent balling up in middle. Lay patty into pan. When crust forms on bottom, flip patty and turn off burner. Cover with cheese and place lid on skillet. Done in 10-15 minutes.
- 2 slices bread/bun (I like “Alvarado St.” sprouted whole wheat flax seed Bread) (for gluten free use that type bread or bun) (for Paleo use lettuce in place of bread)
- 2 thick slices outrageously great cheese (I like “Fiscalini” Bandage Wrapped Cheddar http://www.fiscalinicheese.com/)
- 1 slice sweet onion
- 2-3 slices home grown or farm fresh heirloom tomato
- 3-4 thin slices probiotic dill pickle slices. See post to make your own https://pamstacticalkitchen.com/2013/07/10/probiotic-lacto-fermented-pickles/
- 1 slice uncured farmstead bacon, cooked
- 1/2 avocado smashed
- home made mayonnaises see post on making your own https://pamstacticalkitchen.com/2013/03/19/organic-clean-healthy-home-made-mayonnaise-video/
- garden or farm fresh lettuce
Toast bread/bun. Spread with mayonnaise. Place lettuce, onion, tomato & pickle on one slice, dotting with mayonnaise between. Top with burger patty. Add avocado and bacon. Top with remaining bread slice. Open wide and enjoy!